Monday 17 May 2010

Update on everything!


I really need to update this blog more often! It's been ages since I last wrote and such a lot has happened! The main thing being, is I am now a mother of a TODDLER! Yes, my baby boy turned two 11 days ago and is now legally allowed to throw tantrums.

Ok so as we're on the subject, I guess that is where we start- with his birthday. I tried to make him a cake- well, the 'making' part was fine. Apple muffins, blueberry muffins and carrot cake. All yummy. But the icing- urgh! I bought pre-made frosting, much to the disgust of my aunt who decorates cakes beautifully. But I am not my aunt. I then tried to colour it. The more colouring I put in, the more watery it got. So I added icing sugar. And it got paler. See the dilemma? Then when I put the icing on, it just sank into the cake and dripped off. It had been so absorbed that the following morning you could hardly tell there was icing on it. I rescued the carrot cake by just putting on the frosting which went down well with Liam.

He even shares!



The party on the whole was a success. The weather stayed warm enough to sit outside and Liam was in good spirits all day! He had lots of pressies, including the new England kit from us, a Trunkie from my mum, sand table from his uncle and aunt and lots of messy play bits! My uncle also gave him his old set of drums- Indian Tabla- look at my rockstar son!



Now the party is over, the real hard work starts. We've stripped the hallway and downstairs rooms (anyone in this position? I reccomend steamer-things. Obviously not the correct technical word but it's a thing that steams. Anyway, they are fab!), and have cleared out the shed and made some order in the loft. Practically every space in the house is going to be done if funds allow so we have very little storage space. So we've shipped stuff to our parents homes and we'll have to find more dumping ground soon! Ricky wanted to throw these out, much to my dismay. So we left them in the front lawn waiting for the scrap folk to do their rounds. Meanwhile I looked to see how much they cost to buy new- £75!! We've got two deckchairs and a directors chair! The fabric will cost about £45 to do all three so I ran out and grabbed them before the men came round - reprieve!






Finally on to my swaps! The lovely Lisa sent me this, as part of the Fabric Addict swap. I have such a wonderful collection of FQ's now!


And look at the little purse! So cute! I wish I could sew as neat and straight as that!




Then I got this from Jude, . It's part of the Spring Swap that Clasheen was running. The scarf is a Nuro felted scarf and is the softest thing I have ever owned! It's a craft I have never tried but once the house is done I might give it a go. I've also got some intriguing looking chocolate, a lovely broach which is now on my jacket and a cute stuffed heart as well as the lovely deckchair fabric.


I did get a couple of parcels in the post just as I was leaving for work this morning. I had to run for the train so I have put them up high where Liam can't reach them as he has a habit of running off and hiding things before I can take a picture and admire my goodies!


So my swaps are nearly at an end...I've just got a few more bits and pieces to do then they'll hopefully go off in the post on Saturday. I've promised Ricky no more swaps until our house is done as I have a list of things to make for us! He's such a party pooper but he does speak the truth!




1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the little stuffed heart!
    Ive been working hard on my part for the swap, ive finnished the organiser, now i just need to fill it x_x

    ReplyDelete